Partnerships and Programs
(term part-time position of three days per week until December 2020)
Universities Canada is the national organization that represents Canadian public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges at home and abroad. We provide a forum for discussion and a framework for action at the federal level, facilitating the development of public policy on higher education. We also encourage cooperation among universities and among partners with whom we share interests. We are a non-governmental, not-for-profit association, funded through membership fees and revenues from publications and contract management services. We are currently seeking a part-time research officer to work with our partnerships and programs team.
Reporting to the assistant director, the incumbent will be responsible for providing research support to the association’s scholarship and international programs by conducting a longitudinal research project using the experience of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Advanced Scholars Program. Responsibilities include : collection and analysis of data, liaising with funding partners and disseminating results. The incumbent will also help support program development efforts.
This candidate profile sets out the education, experience, knowledge, abilities and personal qualities that the ideal candidates would possess.
Education and experience
- University degree in international relations or international development or a related discipline.
- Four to five years of prior similar experience.
- Prior experience in designing and managing national or international programs or initiatives.
- Prior experience organizing and facilitating workshops and symposia.
- Knowledge of the Canadian higher education system.
- Knowledge of student mobility programs.
- Knowledge of federal government departments.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of social media tools.
- Written and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Strong management/administration/organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently.
- Capacity to liaise with and manage multiple external clients.
- Ability to perform under pressure and within set deadlines and with evolving priorities.
- Judgement, tact and diplomacy.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $38,900 to $44,711 (full-time equivalent salary is $64,834 to $74,519) depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, and life, disability, medical and dental care insurance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter by March 17, 2017 to:
Human Resources Service
1710-350 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1
Email address: email@example.com
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. All documents provided by Universities Canada can be provided in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise Universities Canada in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If such accommodations are needed, please contact the human resources service. The information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially and will not affect the evaluation.