Business Officer, Partnerships and Programs
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a business officer who will be responsible for supporting the business and partnership development activities of our partnerships and programs group and provide additional support in proposal development and contract management.
If you are right for this opportunity, you will possess the education and experience listed below:
Education and experience
- A relevant university degree, preferably in communications, business, marketing or related discipline.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience selling or promoting products and/or services to prospective clients (B2B sales).
- Prior experience in reviewing contracts and agreements, developing, and delivering proposals.
- Knowledge of Canadian education institutions and programs.
- Knowledge of contract management processes and procedures.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in both official languages.
- Ability to identify trends and opportunities in scholarship administration.
- Strong computer skills including use of search engines, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Strong administrative abilities and organizational skills, including report and proposal writing.
- Ability to work under pressure while balancing competing priorities.
- High degree of insight and attention to detail.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of three (3) out of ten (10) days and four (4) days out of ten as of September 4, 2023.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $62,952 to $74,756 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by May 14, 2023. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.