Reporting to the president, and working closely with the executive coordinator, the incumbent will execute administrative responsibilities necessary to support the president including: scheduling and logistics of all functions as per the president’s schedule, liaison (both within the association and externally), preparation and production of documentation and ongoing maintenance of files.
This candidate profile sets out the education, experience, knowledge, abilities and personal qualities that ideal candidates would possess.
Education and experience
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or college diploma with specialization in office administration
- A minimum of five years of prior relevant experience
- Prior experience working in a national association and/or membership organization an asset
- Understanding of protocol in working with senior executives
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Some knowledge of the Canadian higher education system an asset
- Understanding of structures of the federal government and parliament an asset
- Spoken and written proficiency in both official languages
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proactive, responsive, nimble and flexible
- High degree of judgment, initiative, discretion and insight
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
The hiring salary range for the executive assistant position is from $49,000 to $56,000 commensurate with experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region’s Top Employer and offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, and life, disability, medical and dental care insurance. Click here to learn more about why Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by August 11, 2017. Email address: email@example.com.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. All documents provided by Universities Canada can be provided in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise Universities Canada in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If such accommodations are needed, please contact the Human Resources Division. The information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially and will not affect the evaluation.