Intern, Social Impact Initiative
October 2020 to March 2021
Universities Canada is the national organization that represents Canadian public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges at home and abroad. We are based in Ottawa and provide a forum for discussion and a framework for action at the federal level, facilitating the development of public policy on higher education. We are currently seeking an intern to help advance our work on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) until March 2021.
Through the Advancing 2030 Agenda Program, Universities Canada is leading a pan-Canadian initiative focused on increasing exposure for SDG initiatives on Canadian Campuses and connecting stakeholders through cross-university and university- community partnerships that bridge effort across sectors in support of the 2030 Agenda. This program is part of a broader social impact initiative aiming at mapping, measuring, promoting, and increasing the social impact of universities in their communities and globally.
Under the supervision of the social impact lead, you will provide support to the program development and implementation. Some of your responsibilities will include the following:
- Mapping SDG activities across Canadian campuses and highlight success.
- Assisting in the preparation of documentation such as communications for members, reports, meeting summaries etc.
- Developing resources to support institutions such as toolkits, key messaging, and social media campaign.
- Supporting the organization of Universities Canada meetings, events and initiatives relating to the SDGs and social impact programs.
- Studying towards or recently having received an undergraduate’s degree in social science, humanities, environmental sciences.
- Superior oral and written communications skills in English and French.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and productively with others.
- Ability to set priorities, organize and plan workload.
Salary: between $21 and $25 per hour, depending on experience.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by October 8. 2020. Email address: email@example.com.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.