Program support officer
Scholarship Partners Canada
Universities Canada is the national organization that represents Canadian public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges at home and abroad. We provide a forum for discussion and a framework for action at the federal level, facilitating the development of public policy on higher education. We also encourage cooperation among universities and among partners with whom we share interests. We are a non-governmental, not-for-profit association, funded through membership fees and revenues from publications and contract management services. We are currently seeking a program support officer to work with our Scholarship Partners Canada group.
Reporting to the assistant director, the incumbent will provide program support to the Scholarship Partners Canada team as well as to the assistant director. Responsibilities include reporting on programs, database maintenance, overseeing contractual commitments and project and selection committee coordination.
This candidate profile sets out the education, experience, knowledge, abilities and personal qualities that the ideal candidates would possess.
Education and experience
- University degree or college diploma/certificate in business-related or social science discipline and two to three years relevant experience (or acceptable combination of work experience and education).
- Prior experience in using a database tool as a support to business process.
- Prior experience with client service and working with scholarships an asset.
- Previous work with project management, an asset.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and practices.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of databases, an asset.
- Written and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Interest in building project management experience.
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with contacts such as committee members, university staff and potential and existing clients.
- Ability to work under frequent deadline pressure.
- Initiative and reliability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an energetic team.
The hiring salary range for this position is $48,179 to $55,381 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, and life, disability, medical and dental care insurance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter by February 22, 2017 to:
Human Resources Service
1710-350 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1
Email address: email@example.com
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. All documents provided by Universities Canada can be provided in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise Universities Canada in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If such accommodations are needed, please contact the human resources service. The information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially and will not affect the evaluation.