Partnerships and Programs
(term part-time position of three days per week until June 2022)
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a research officer who will provide research support to Universities Canada’s scholarship and international programs by conducting a longitudinal research project which will help inform scholarship providers on effective international scholarship program design. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the project including collection and analysis of data, liaising with funding partners and disseminating results.
The successful candidate will possess the education, experience, and knowledge listed below:
Education and experience
- A graduate degree in the social sciences (preferably international development or international relations) or a related discipline.
- Three to four years of research experience.
- Prior experience organizing and facilitating workshops.
- Prior experience in conducting semi directed interviews and focus groups.
- Knowledge of the Canadian higher education system.
- Knowledge of best practices in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Knowledge of international research collaboration.
- Strong ability to perform quantitative data analysis.
- Capacity to liaise and manage external clients.
- Bilingualism essential including excellent English writing skills and verbal communication skills in both official languages.
- Strong cross cultural communication skills.
- Strong management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Proactive, responsive, nimble and flexible.
- High degree of judgment, initiative, discretion and insight.
- High degree of tact and excellent networking, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
We are working remotely during COVID-19 and expect to be working remotely until October 2021. Though we cannot wait to meet our new teammate in person, we can offer a robust and welcoming virtual onboarding experience in the meantime!
The hiring salary range for this position is from $42,488 to $50,455 (full-time equivalent salary is $70,814 to $84,092) commensurate with experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region’s Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children.
Tell us your story! Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by August 8, 2021. Email address: email@example.com.
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.