(term position until March 31, 2025)
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a program officer to be responsible for a full range of activities to support the and implementation of the Global Skills Opportunity program. As program officer, you will serve as the main contact for university projects inquiries, monitor and evaluate university activities to ensure alignment with program objectives, support the development of new program partners and contribute to the development of reports as required by funders. In collaboration with team members, you will support the implementation of program communications activities, program monitoring and evaluation, financial disbursements and advisory group meetings.
If you are right for this opportunity, you will possess the education and experience listed below:
Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in one of the social sciences.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with client services and working with program proposals and grants, an asset.
- Experience with project monitoring and evaluation, an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian education institutions and programs.
- Knowledge of database management and reporting.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and practices.
Abilities and qualities
- Strong written and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently.
- Capacity to liaise with stakeholders.
- Ability to perform under pressure, within set deadlines and with evolving priorities.
- Judgement, tact and diplomacy.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of three (3) out of ten (10) days.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $55,301 to $64,805 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by March 5, 2023. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.