Program Officer, Scholarship Partners Canada
(One-year term position with possibility of extension)
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a Program Officer to be responsible for a full range of activities related to the administration of scholarship programs for clients. As Program Officer, you will maintain effective communications with client companies, parents, students, universities and the general public.
If you are right for this opportunity, you will possess the education and experience listed below:
Education and experience
- University degree in one of the social sciences or a college diploma in administration.
- Three to four years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with client services and working with scholarships, grants or bursaries an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and practices.
- Knowledge of database management and reporting.
- Knowledge of the Canadian higher education system, an asset.
- Written and oral proficiency in both official languages.
- Strong management/administration/organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently.
- Capacity to liaise with and manage multiple external clients.
- Ability to perform under pressure, within set deadlines and with evolving priorities while processing a significant number of files.
- Judgement, tact and diplomacy.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of three (3) out of ten (10) days and four (4) days out of ten as of September 4, 2023.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $55,965 to $65,584 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by June 4, 2023. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.