Simon Fraser University | Ressources propres
Pacific Water Research Centre supports cross-disciplinary exploration of water science, social values, and public policy. It supports the advancement technological innovation and concrete societal change.
Groundwater Resources Research Group conducts research on climate change impacts on groundwater systems.
Climate, Oceans, and Paleo-Environments focuses on climate change and its regional impacts, as well as the carbon cycle.
Energy and Materials Research Group focuses analyses technologies, strategies and policies for a more sustainable flow of energy and materials in society.
From Waste to Clean Food an NSERC funded project to support the development and commercialization of the needed technologies for sustainable Closed Greenhouses, required for growing food and medicine in an engineered environment.
Providing Sustainable Portable Water and Greenhouse Crops is a project funded through the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships to strengthen and broaden existing partnerships with LMIC institutions by increasing their capacity in clean technology.
Western Canada’s Centre for Soft Materials
Advances new soft materials, including a broad range of substances such as liquids, polymers, gels, foams, emulsions, colloids and biological materials.
From Minutes to Millennia: Transient Responses in Groundwater Systems is a project exploring techniques crucial for determining the sustainability for the groundwater resource.
- Dr. Adeel Zafar, Professor of Professional Practice and Executive Director of the Pacific Water Research Centre. Research focuses on water, food, and energy security.
- Dr. Diana Allen, Professor of Hydrogeology. Research focuses on climate change impacts on groundwater systems, groundwater resources evaluation and hydrogeological modeling.
- Dr. Karen Kohfeld, Professor of Resource and Environmental Management, former Canada Research Chair in Climate, Resources and Global Change. She specialises in predicting global climate change by tracking dust.
- Dr. Majid Bahrami, Professor of Energy Systems, Canada Research Chair in Alternative Energy Conversion Systems, and a Canada’s Clean50 awardee (2015). Research focuses on sustainable energy storage and management.
- Dr. Marc Jaccard, Professor and world class scholar. Research focuses on sustainable energy and climate policies.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
-SFU’s Work Integrated Learning program offers co-operative education, and career planning and building opportunities through workshops and advising in 75 programs spread across 8 faculties.
-SFU offers clean resources related graduate training research opportunities through its school of Resource and Environmental Management.
-SFU offers a graduate certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization, geared towards providing science and engineering students with the frameworks, perspective, and techniques to make their inventions a commercial success.
Imperial Oil Ltd; Centre Europeen des Silicones; Automotive Fuel Cooperation Corp; Greenlight Innovation Corp; Delta-Q Technologies Corp; Hydrogen in Motion (H2M); Nexus Biofuel Inc; Argus Control Systems