Simon Fraser University | Systèmes de mobilité
4D Labs is a state-of-the-art, $65M facility for materials research, equipped with advanced fabrication and characterization equipment.
Sustainable Transportation Research Team focuses on the transition to lower impact transportation systems by providing policy support and industry relevant research
The SFU Fuel Cell Research Laboratory conducts research on generating electrical power by using polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
The Laboratory for Alternative Energy Conversion works on energy conversion efficiency in devices such as compact heat exchangers, fuel cells, batteries and refrigeration systems.
Clean Technology Solutions for the Aerospace Sector a $1M project funded by Western Economic Diversification Canada and led by Dr. Erik Kjeang to create a new experimental research facility to develop and prototype clean tech solutions for the aerospace industry.
Developing Affordable, Low Carbon Emission Vehicle Technologies is an interdisciplinary project that brings together SFU researchers from Engineering, Science, Social Sciences, and Environmental Sciences backgrounds to evaluate and exploit the potential of vehicle technologies to reduce GHG emissions in the transportation sector in BC and across Canada.
Impacts of City-wide bicycle infrastructure investment in Population-Health and Health Equity: access to cycling facilities, safety impacts and health related economic benefits of cycling.
- Dr. Jonn Axsen, Associate Professor of Resource and Environmental Management. Research focuses on transitioning towards a sustainable transportation system.
- Dr. Erik Kjeang, Associate Professor of Mechatronics Systems Engineering and Canada Research Chair in Fuel Cell Science and Technology Development. Research focuses on sustainable energy systems and Fuel Cells
- Dr. Majid Bahrami, Professor of Energy Systems, Canada Research Chair in Alternative Energy Conversion Systems, and a Canada’s Clean50 awardee (2015). Research focuses on sustainable energy storage and management.
- Dr. Meghan Winters, Associate Professor of Population Health. Research focuses on the link between health, transportation, and city design.
- Dr. Peter Hall, Professor of Urban Studies. Research focuses on the connections between port cities, seaports and logistics.
Special programs and work integrated learning initiatives
-SFU’s Work Integrated Learning program offers co-operative education, and career planning and building opportunities through workshops and advising in 75 programs spread across 8 faculties.
-SFU offers mobility and transportation related graduate training research opportunities through its schools of Resource and Environmental Management, Mechatronics Systems Engineering, Economics, Public Policy and Urban Studies.
-SFU offers a graduate certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization, geared towards providing science and engineering students with the frameworks, perspective, and techniques to make their inventions a commercial success.
Automotive Fuel Cooperation Corp; Ballard Power Systems Inc; Hydrogren in Motion Inc. (H2M); General Motors; Signature Science LLC; Cool-it Hi Way Services Inc; Delta-Q Technologies Corp; Alpha Technologies Ltd; Nexus Biofuel Inc; Terrella Energy Systems Ltd; Greenlight Innovation Corp; The Boeing Company; Ultra Electronic Maritime Systems; Imperial Oil Ltd;