Simon Fraser University | Océans
Climate, Oceans, and Paleo-Environments focuses on climate change and its regional impacts, as well as the carbon cycle.
Coastal Marine Ecology and Conservation Lab focuses on understanding how human disturbances alter the productivity, biodiversity and resilience of coastal marine ecosystems.
Marine Biodiversity & Conservation conducts research on marine ecology and specializes in threatened species, sharks and rays.
The Marine Ecology Lab focuses on marine invasions, protected areas, and patterns of ecological change on coral reefs.
Ocean Acidification in Canadian Coastal Communities: an Integrated Coastal Acidification Program is part of the Marine Environmental Observation, Prediction and Response Network, a federally funded Network of Centres of Excellence.
Deep Seismic Imaging of Developing Continental Crust in Oceanic Island Arcs a project that utilizes previously recorded deep seismic reflection profiles over island arcs of different ages to determine the distribution of arc roots and to constrain the time-scale of their foundering.
Global sharks & rays initiative an initiative in collaboration with the McArthur Foundation, Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, and the Global Partnership for Sharks and Rays.
Canadian Healthy Oceans Network Participation in the network to develop new conservation strategies for Canada’s changing oceans.
- Dr. Karen Kohfeld, Professor of Resource and Environmental Management, former Canada Research Chair in Climate, Resources and Global Change. She specialises in predicting global climate change by tracking dust.
- Dr. Nicholas Dulvy, Professor and Canada Research Chair of Marine Biodiversity and Conservation. Research focuses on marine sciences, climate change, fisheries, coral reefs, and sharks and rays.
- Dr. Anne Salomon, Associate Professor of Marine Ecology. Research focuses on coastal marine ecology and conversation.
- Dr. Isabelle Cote, Professor of Marine Ecology. Research focuses on ecosystem resilience and coral reefs.
- Dr. John Reynolds, Professor of Aquatic Ecology and Conservation and Tom Buell BC Leadership Chair in Aquatic Conservation. Research focuses on enhancing aquatic biodiversity, including large scale field studies of salmon and their ecosystem.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
-SFU’s Work Integrated Learning program offers co-operative education, and career planning and building opportunities through workshops and advising in 75 programs spread across 8 faculties.
-SFU offers oceans related graduate training research opportunities through its school of Resource and Environmental Management and department of Biological Sciences.
-SFU offers a graduate certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization, geared towards providing science and engineering students with the frameworks, perspective, and techniques to make their inventions a commercial success.
Hakai Energy Solutions;
– Disney Worldwide Services Inc