Partenariats de recherche universités-industrie
Retourner à la liste
University of Alberta | Industrie minière
- Canadian Centre for Clean Coal/Carbon & Mineral Processing Technologies: Canada’s first research & education centre supporting
low impact mineral resource development.
- Land Reclamation International Graduate School: First graduate school of its kind in the world. Research & teaching addressing need for land reclamation due to urban sprawl, soil erosion, resource extraction and industrial development. Research conducted in Canada and in collaborating countries. Local, national and international partners in academia, government and industry.
- Oil Sands Tailings Research Facility: oilsands tailings management research and technologies.
- Arctic resources Lab, Surface Mining Lab, Mine Waste Lab Cold Room, and Canadian Centre for Isotopic Microanalysis.
- Diamond Exploration Research and Training School: UAlberta led with partners at UBC, 10 industry partners including De Beers, Diavik Mines, and Dominion Diamond. With $1.65 million from NSERC CREATE program.
- Future Energy Systems: developing new energy technologies & examining integration into current energy infrastructure. $75M CFREF program
- Future Energy & Environment Research Center UAlberta/Tsinghua – see clean tech map
- Institute for Oil Sands Innovation: academic & industry partnership focused on oil sands operations that use little or no water, consume less energy, generate lower GHG emissions and yield high-quality products at lower costs.
- Responsible/sustainable conventional energy: clean coal/hydrocarbons, waterless extraction, process control, well design/placement, extraction/processing technologies, GHG emission reduction, microwave technology, resource management, bitumen/low coal/asphaltene conversion & upgrading, operational efficiency, fracking patents, social license, shareholder activism, multinational divestitures. Researchers include: Tayfun Babadagli, Zhenghe Xu, Steve Kuznicki, Qi Liu, Phillip Choi, Joao Soares, Suzanne Kresta, Qingxia Liu, Biao Huang, Arno De Klerk, Juli Gibbs, Robert E. Hayes, Arvind Rajendran, Hongbo Zeng, Hao Zhang, Mauricio Sacchi, Mojgan Daneshmand, Ergun Kuru, Rick Chalaturnyk, Clayton Deutsch, Thomas Thundat, Joel Gehman, Japan Trivedi, John Parkins.
- Diamond/mineral mining: diamond formation, Arctic resources, geoscience, kimberlite volcanology, petrology, geo-mapping, geophysical modelling, mantle carbonate formation & C-HO fluids, kimberlite, geochemistry, diamond analysis & inclusions, magnetotellurics, geochronology. Researchers include: Graham Pearson, Tom Chacko, Benoit Rivard, Larry Heaman, Robert Luth, Thomas Stachel, Martyn Unsworth
- Mining: mine design, geomechanics, geostatistics, mine/numerical modeling, ore reserve estimation, mine shaft/tunnel operations & safety, geochemical analysis, geo-mapping, equipment design/wear/reliability, intelligent machines, machine automation. Arctic mine water/waste (tailings/overburden) management. Business/efficiency processes, planning/production scheduling, communication technologies. Researchers include: Hooman Askari-Nasab, Derek Apel, Jerrery Boisvert, Graham Pearson, Clayton Deutsch, Wei Victor Liu, Robert Hall, Tom Chacko, Tim Joseph, Yashar Pourrahimian.
- Environmental impact: biofuel from O&G waste, waterless extraction, tailings ponds, mining waste, flaring, CO2 use/ capture/storage, water quality & treatment, land & water use/management/reclamation, wastewater, methane reduction, law & public policy. Researchers include: Lisa Stein, Nicholas Beier, Ian Buchanan, Rick Chalaturnyk, Mohamed Gamal El-Din, Selma Guigard, Zaher Hashisho, Ania Ulrich, David Zhu, Hongbo Zeng, Sasha Wilson, Ward Wilson, Anne Naeth, John Parkins.
- De Beers
- Dominion Diamonds
- Diavik Diamond Mines
- Imperial Oil
- Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA)
- Total E&P Canada
- Energi Simulation
- BGC Engineering
- Canadian Natural Resources
- Clearflow Enviro Group Systems
- Kinder Morgan
- Lucara Diamonds
- Shear Diamonds
- Shell Canada
- Shore Gold Inc.
- TransCanada Pipelines