Retourner à la liste
University of Alberta | Intelligence artificielle
- Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (amii): artificial intelligence and machine learning: game theory, bio-medical Informatics, data mining & analysis, deep learning, human/machine interaction, data extraction & visualization, medical imaging, natural language processing, reinforcement learning (RL), robotics, privacy, social network analysis
- Bionic Limbs for Improved Natural Control (BLINC) Lab: Improve sensory motor control & integration of advanced prosthetic & robotic systems.
- Advanced Man-Machine Interfaces Lab: man-machine interfaces enabling computer systems to enhance human ability by adapting to needs. Bio-medical applications, computational simulation & visualizations from end-user perspective.
- DeepMind Alberta: Deep Minds’ 1st international AI research Lab. Led by UAlberta researchers Rich Sutton, Michael Bowling, & Patrick Pilarski. DeepMind also established an AI endowed chair @UAlberta.
- Borealis AI (RBC) advancing AI research & using ML to drive banking innovation, also supports open academic collaborations in AI. Rich Sutton, a AI/RL pioneer, is head academic advisor.
- Servus Credit Union collaboration: data science, AI, machine learning, natural language processing research. Involves joint research projects, new industrial research chair and grad student research.
- Alberta Treasury Board: new AI lab to pursue innovation in finance and society, advised by Randy Goebel (EMABRGOED until end March).
- PanCanadian AI Strategy: UAlberta is 1 of 3 AI hubs in federal government’s $125M AI strategy.
Innovations or spin-offs
- Avra Software Lab, Chenomx, DriveABLE, ExSeer, Meerkat, Potential AI, Shanghai Shifang Software, Molecular You, Aquila Diagnostics, Metabolomics Technologies Inc, Nanostics, MagnetTx, Darkhorse Analytics.
- PFM scheduling: PFM’s Rotation Builder automates complex multi union healthcare employee scheduling using ML. Optimizes staffing levels and is more responsive to change than paper scheduling—and reduces scheduling time from days to minutes.
- Health, diagnostics, imaging: biomedical & smart devices, biomedical informatics, diagnostics, imaging
& systems to predict cancer, diabetes, stroke, depression, Schizophrenia, ALS. Researchers include: Kelvin Jones, Russ Greiner, Eleni Stroulia, Osmar Zaïane, John Lewis, Yutaka Yasui, Pierre Boulanger, Richard Fedorak, Haili Wang, Stephanie Yanow, Dominic Sauvageau. Dale Schuurmans
- Robotic/biomedical devices: human computer interaction, assistive robotics, adaptive devices & prosthesis. Researchers include: Rich Sutton, Patrick Pilarski, Carrie Demmans Epp, Jacqueline Hebert, Pierre Boulanger
- Data mining/analysis, deep learning, natural language processing, privacy: Randy Goebel, Dale Schuurmans, Osmar Zaiane, Vadim Bulitko, Greg Kondrak, Denilson Barbosa, Or Sheffet
- Games/game theory: understanding/ predicting how multiple actors learn in an ambiguous or chance environment to predict outcomes and/or optimize processes. Researchers include: Ryan Hayward, Martin Müller, Tony Marsland, Jonathan Schaeffer, Michael Buro, Robert Holte, Duane Szafron, Russell Greiner, Vadim Bulitko, Michael Bowling
- Reinforcement Learning:. Prediction with no explicit examples or historical data, determine ideal behaviours in complex environments. Developing RL as model of intelligence that could approach human abilities. Secured 1st ever victory in game of Go over human world-champion. Also application in robotics and self-driving cars. Researchers include: Rich Sutton, Adam White, Michael Bowling, Csaba Szepesvari, Martha White.
- DeepMind (Alphabet company)
- Borealis AI (RBC)
- GM (smart vehicles)
- Google Brain
- IBM, Mitsubishi Electric
- Servus Credit Union
- Drayton Valley water treatment
- Imperial Oil
- Microsoft Research