Partenariats de recherche universités-industrie
Retourner à la liste
University of Alberta | Ressources propres
- Oil Sands Tailings Research Facility: new technologies for oil sands tailings management.
- Canadian Centre for Clean Coal/Carbon & Mineral Processing Technologies: Canada’s 1st research & education centre supporting low impact mineral resource development.
- Institute for Oil Sands Innovation: researchers & industry working on oil sands operations using less water and energy, lower GHGs and high-quality products at lower costs.
- NanoFab: micro/nanotech R&D facility supporting academic research and industrial projects. Largest centre of its kind in Western Canada, and 1 of only 3 dedicated nanotech centres in Canada.
- National Institute for Nanotechnology: advanced equipment & some of Canada’s quietest lab space. Combines academic research environment with national research lab R&D activities.
- Centre for smart transportation: autonomous vehicles, connected vehicle (CV) technology & smartphone-based CV technology, smart infrastructure. Centre’s Active-Aurora project is Canada’s 1st connected vehicle test bed.
- Future Energy Systems: developing energy systems and technologies for the future, integrating them into current infrastructure, and addressing the challenges presented by current energy systems and examining possible social, economic, and environmental impacts to help Canada transition to a low net-carbon energy economy.
- UAlberta-Tsinghua Joint Research Center for Future Energy & Environment: Tackling new energy sources/technologies that also minimizing impact on air, water & land. China-based and is 1st one with a Canadian university; & will be only one.
- UAlberta/Gov’t of Mexico: helping transform Mexico’s energy sector and one of first CDN universities partnering with Mexico on such research.
- Responsible & sustainable conventional energy: clean coal & hydrocarbons, waterless extraction, mineral processing technology, CO2 capture & storage, new hydrocarbon detection, extraction and processing, process control engineering, reducing water use and GHG emissions, changing bitumen, asphaltenes and low rank coal conversion, low-impact energy process systems, new hydrocarbon detection/ extraction/ processing technologies, next gen upgrading, catalytic systems. Researchers include: Tayfun Babadagli, Rick Chalaturnyk, Zhenghe Xu, Steve Kuznicki , Joao Soares, Qi Liu, Suzanne Kresta, Phillip Choi, Qingxia Liu, Thomas Thundat, Biao Huang, Hongbo Zeng, Arno de Klerk, Clayton Duetsch, Sean Sanders
- Environmental impact: biofuel from O&G waste waterless extraction, tailings pond & overburden mitigation/elimination, GHG reduction, flaring, contamination, land reclamation, policy & economics, environment/resource/energy law, Researchers include: Lisa Stein, Nicholas Beier, Ian Buchanan, Rick Chalaturnyk, Mohamed Gamal El-Din, Selma Guigard, Zaher Hashisho, Ania Ulrich, David Zhu, Sasha Wilson, Ward Wilson, Anne Naeth, , Brenda Parlee, Dominic Sauvageau. Steve Kuznicki, Mohammed Al-Hussein, Andrew Leach, Cameron Jefferies, Mike Percy.
- New energy sources & technologies: Biomass, biofuels, geothermal, solar, wind, fuel cells, batteries, energy storage, flywheels,. Researchers include: Jillian Buriak, Marc Secanell, David Bressler, Thomas Etsell, Jingli Luo, Amit Kumar, Wilsun Xu, Steven Bergens, Vakhtang Putkaradze, Amit Kumar, Robert Wolkow, Douglas Ivey, Pierre Mertiny.
- Infrastructure/transportation: ICT, wireless nanosensors, pipeline safety/integrity, rail & pipeline systems, wireless power transmission, microdrids, smart construction, smart transportation, single wire energy transfer. Researchers include: Pedram Mousavi, Thomas Thundat, Mohammed Al-Hussein, Yuxiang Chen, Alireza Bayat, Zhi-Jun (Tony) Qiu, Sean Sanders.
- Imperial Oil
- Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA)
- Energi Simulation
- Capital Poser
- Mercedes Benz
- quantiam technologies Inc.
- Roshan Water Solutions
- Landmark Homes
- Edmonton International airport