University of Saskatchewan | Agroalimentaire et agriculture
Plant Phenotyping and Imaging Research Centre (P2IRC): CFREF-funded, P2IRC’s innovative research and training program is a unique resource for plant breeders around the world.
Global Institute for Food Security: Performs research that helps deliver transformative innovation to agriculture in both developed and developing countries.
Crop Development Centre: Improves economic returns for farmers and the agriculture industry by improving existing crops, creating new uses for traditional crops, and developing new crops.
Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre Inc.: Provides expertise and services enabling Saskatchewan’s agri-food industry to develop new products and market opportunities.
Livestock and Forage Centre of Excellence: Promotes new research links and synergies across the commercial supply chain.
Protein Industries Supercluster: With world-leading expertise in plant genetics and breeding, crop production and processing, and molecular imaging and analysis, the U of S will contributes research and help train hundreds of students—across multiple disciplines—as innovative leaders in the plant-based agri-food sector.
Canadian Triticum Applied Genomics: Sequences the entire wheat genome, which is needed to control important traits such as yield, disease resistance and nutritional quality.
LED Lighting on Production and Welfare Characteristics of Broilers: Examining impacts of energy efficient LED lighting on broiler chicken behaviour, welfare and health outcomes.
- Dr. Leon Kochian, CERC in Food Systems and Security. Focuses on the molecular physiology and genetics of plant mineral nutrition and root biology with emphasis on plant responses to abiotic stresses in the soil.
- Dr. Yolande Seddon, NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Swine Welfare. Focuses on the behaviour and welfare of farmed pigs and explores the interactions between management, pig behaviour, welfare, and productivity.
- Dr. Curtis Pozniak, Ministry of Agriculture Strategic Research Program (SRP) Chair. Focuses on genetics, breeding, production and management of durum and high yielding wheat.
- Dr. Carol Henry, Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics. Focuses on enhancing food security through intensive pulse crop-based farming systems, agri-food processing and marketing, and nutrition interventions.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
- Indigenous Land Management Institute: Brings research, teaching, outreach and engagement activities in the area of Indigenous land and resource management together under one umbrella unit.
- The Edwards Business School Co-op Program: Commerce students get hired by private companies, government entities and non-profit organizations for 8 months in various sectors, including agriculture and agri-food.
- Innovation Enterprise’s AIMday™: Brings together industry and academia to partner on research challenges identified by industry participants. Webpage: goo.gl/7HQLf9
- Agrisoma BioSciences Inc.
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Dow AgroSciences
- Federated Co-operatives Limited
- Novozymes Biological Ltd.
- PhenoVation Life Sciences
- Saskatchewan Cattlemen’s Association