University of Saskatchewan | Sciences biologiques et de la santé
International Vaccine Centre: Conducts research on infectious disease and vaccine development to prevent and control human and animal infectious disease threats.
BioMedical Imaging and Therapy beamline (Canadian Light Source): Offers advanced imaging for biological tissue in unprecedented detail and high-precision radiation therapies for cancer.
Saskatchewan Centre for Cyclotron Sciences: This radioisotope facility explores innovative treatments for cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Respiratory Research Centre: An interdisciplinary and intersectoral initiative that fosters innovative respiratory research throughout the health sciences.
Unique complex of 7 health science colleges.
Saskatchewan Centre for Patient-Oriented Research: Conducts innovative, patient-oriented research to improve the health care of Saskatchewan people, with a special focus on mental health, addictions and improving Indigenous health outcomes.
Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Research: Identifies causes of MS and develops new or improved treatments.
In Vivo and Ex Vivo Models for Zika Virus Infection: Conducts research on using a new animal model to investigate how the Zika virus causes disease and to test new drugs and vaccines for prevention.
NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Swine Welfare: Based at the USask veterinary medicine school, this research program develops industry-relevant research to optimize swine welfare, working with 14 industry partners.
Cannabinoid Research Initiative of Saskatchewan (CRIS): This multi-disciplinary research cohort provides evidence-based knowledge for the growth of and safe and responsible use of Cannabis.
- Dr. Volker Gerdts, Professor of Veterinary Microbiology and VIDO-InterVac Research Director. Focuses on vaccinology and immunology.
- Dr. Kate Dadachova, Fedoruk Centre for Nuclear Innovation Chair in Radiopharmacy. Focuses on radioimmunotherapy.
- Dr. Jo-Anne Dillon, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology. Focuses on sexually transmitted infections with emphasis on antimicrobial resistance.
- Dr. Eric Price, CRC in Radiochemistry. Focuses on developing a new generation of medical imaging technology and “smart” drugs for cancer treatment.
- Dr. Mike Kelly, Saskatchewan Research Chair in Clinical Stroke Research and Prof. of Surgery. Focuses on stroke research using the USask synchrotron.
- Dr. Robert Laprairie, GSK-CIHR Research Chair in Drug Discovery and Development. Focuses on developing new synthetic cannabinoid compounds to treat psychological and neurological diseases.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
- Innovation Enterprise’s AIMday™: Brings together industry and academia to partner on research challenges identified by industry participants. Webpage: goo.gl/7HQLf9
- Student Wellness Initiative Toward Community Health (SWITCH): Enriches educational experience and provides much needed services for Saskatoon’s core neighbourhoods.
- Building Reconciliation Together: Transformative Intergenerational Mentorship. A mentorship program for Indigenous health science professionals and scholars.
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals
- AnGes MG
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kamada Ltd.
- RadImmune Therapeutics Inc.
- SterileCare Inc.