Partenariats de recherche universités-industrie
University of Saskatchewan | Industrie minière
Mine Overlay Site Testing: A place for mining companies to test soil cover materials, models and new cover system designs to assess performance prior to mine site construction.
Saskatchewan Isotope Laboratory: Analyzes a wide range of stable and radiogenic isotopes for use in environmental, palaeoclimate and geological investigations.
Canadian Light Source (CLS) synchrotron: Research benefits many areas of the mining process, from metals recovery to tailings management.
Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre: Conducts experiments on structure and composition of materials and develops new analytical methodologies.
Mining Materials Research Cluster (IMII): Examines the corrosion of materials used in the fabrication of mineral processing and mining equipment in Saskatchewan’s potash industry.
Development of Functionalized Clay-Based Reactive Media for Removal of Cationic Salts for Brine Effluent (IMII, Mitacs): Focuses on development of clay-based reactive media that can be used for remediation of salt-impacted soil and groundwater at potash mines, as well as for control of brine from newly planned mines.
Deep Hydrogeological Research to Support Brine Management for Saskatchewan’s Potash Industry (IMII, NSERC CRD): Develops new ways of assessing deep groundwater systems related to mining.
- Dr. Jeffrey McDonnell, UNESCO Dooge Medal Recipient (The International Hydrology Prize). Focuses on measuring, modelling, and understanding watershed-scale water cycling.
- Dr. Joyce McBeth, Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences. Focuses on hydrocarbon contaminant remediation, metal transformations mediated by microbes in mine wastes.
- Dr. Matthew Lindsay, NSERC/Syncrude Industrial Research Chair in Mine Closure Geochemistry. Focuses on understanding biogeochemical controls on water quality within geohydrologic systems.
- Dr. Ha Nguyen, NSERC/CISCO Industrial Research Chair in Low-Power Wireless Access for Sensor Networks. Focuses on statistical communication, error control coding and spread spectrum communication.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
- Indigenous Peoples Industry Partnership Program: Provides Indigenous students with funds, summer work experience and industry connections that enhance their engineering studies and lay the groundwork for excellent opportunities after graduation.
- Engineering Professional Internship Program: Connects students, faculty, and employers through an established network of engineering professionals by offering 8 to 16 months of paid full time work in industry.
- Innovation Enterprise’s AIMday™: Brings together industry and academia to partner on research challenges identified by industry participants. Webpage: goo.gl/7HQLf9
- BHP Billiton
- K+S Potash Canada
- International Minerals Innovation Institute (IMII)
- North Rim Exploration
- Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- Talisman Energy Inc.