University of Waterloo | Technologies propres
Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy: Research Institute focused on conducting original research and developing innovative solutions and policies to help transform the energy system for long-term sustainability.
Water Institute: Facilitates collaboration, supports excellence and promotes innovation in interdisciplinary water research and education with more than 150 faculty members.
Advanced Materials for Si-Li-ion Supercapacitors and Non-flow Zinc-air Batteries: Dr. Zhongwei Chen is developing a next generation lithium-ion rechargeable battery with goes of making dramatic improvements in powering hybrid and electric vehicles.
Global Water Futures: University of Waterloo has partnered with the University of Saskatchewan, through the Canadian First Research Excellence Fund to help transform community, government and industries in Canada to prepare and manage increasing water related threats.
- Linda Nazar, CRC in Solid State Energy materials, and Office for the Order of Canada. Research focuses on developing next generation electrochemical energy storage devices and materials.
- Norman Zhou CRC in Microjoining. Research expands the current understanding of the tree of life, while simultaneously developing solutions to address the impacts of human activities on the environment.
- Zhongchao Tan, Executive Director-Tsinghua-Waterloo Joint Research Center for Micro/Nano Energy & Environment. Research focuses on filtration and separation technologies for green energy and clean environments.
- Peter Huck, NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Water Treatment
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
- Global Entrepreneurship & Disruptive Innovation (GEDI)
- Corporate Research Partnerships Managers
- Co-operative education
- Inventor-owned IP policy
- Waterloo Commercialization Office
- University of Waterloo Velocity
- hydro one