University of Waterloo | Technologies numériques
Waterloo Cyber Security and Privacy Institute conducts research on cryptography, security, privacy enhancing technologies, human-computer interaction, algorithms, networks and distributed systems, mathematics relevant to cryptography.
Institute for Quantum Computing conducts research on harnessing the quantum laws of nature in order to develop powerful new technologies and drive future economies.
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has opened a cybersecurity lab at the University of Waterloo and invested $1.78 million into research to develop advanced defence and privacy tools.
Department of National Defence (DND) recently announced a $2.7 million project with the Institute of Quantum Computing to develop technology for quantum radar.
New Canada Research Chairs (CRCs)
Dr. Lin Tan and Dr. En-hui Yang will advance the fields of software dependability, and information theory and applications, respectively.
- David Cory, Canada Excellence Research Chair Laureate in Quantum Information Processing. Research focuses on experimental quantum physics and quantum engineering. His work has had a range of applications, from the medical field to the oil industry.
- Rafaat Mansour, CRC in micro and nano integrated RF systems. Research focuses on employing emerging materials and technologies such as high temperature superconductor and Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) to build novel devices with unprecedented performance
- Weihua Zhuang, CRC in wireless communication networks. Research focuses on developing algorithms for radio resource allocation and networking protocols for vehicular ad hoc communications.
- Ian Goldberg, University Research Chair. Research focuses on security and privacy, and specifically in creating privacy enhancing technologies for the Internet.
Special programs and work integrated learning initiatives
- Global Entrepreneurship & Disruptive Innovation (GEDI)
- Corporate Research Partnerships Managers
- Co-operative education
- Inventor-owned IP policy
- Waterloo Commercialization Office
- University of Waterloo Velocity
- National Defence