The September/October edition of Policy magazine contains articles from leading thinkers in academic and policy communities about higher education in Canada and universities’ role in creating a more prosperous, inclusive and innovative Canada.
This issue was sponsored by Universities Canada.
Opinion articles by university presidents:
- Canada’s universities as incubators of excellence, Elizabeth Cannon, chair of Universities Canada and president, University of Calgary
- Three key steps to becoming an innovation nation, Paul Davidson, president, Universities Canada
- Science, technology, society: universities at the forefront, Robert Proulx, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Making the world our students’ classroom, Amit Chakma, Western University
- Attracting and cultivating talent for the fourth industrial revolution, Suzanne Fortier, McGill University
- Closing the gender gap at Canadian universities, Vianne Timmons, University of Regina
- Making universities Canada’s innovation accelerators, Andrew Petter, Simon Fraser University
About Universities Canada
Universities Canada is the voice of Canada’s universities at home and abroad, advancing higher education, research and innovation for the benefit of all Canadians.
Canada must get its house in order, or risk losing the global fight for talent
New Canadian scholarship program addresses inequality in developing countries
Johnston: Let's boost international education for Canadian students
International education leaders convene, discuss Canada as a global study destination