Canadian universities in Policy magazine
The September/October edition of Policy magazine contains articles from leading thinkers in academic and policy communities about higher education in Canada and universities’ role in creating a more prosperous, inclusive and innovative Canada.
This issue was sponsored by Universities Canada.
Opinion articles by university presidents:
- Canada’s universities as incubators of excellence, Elizabeth Cannon, chair of Universities Canada and president, University of Calgary
- Three key steps to becoming an innovation nation, Paul Davidson, president, Universities Canada
- Science, technology, society: universities at the forefront, Robert Proulx, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Making the world our students’ classroom, Amit Chakma, Western University
- Attracting and cultivating talent for the fourth industrial revolution, Suzanne Fortier, McGill University
- Closing the gender gap at Canadian universities, Vianne Timmons, University of Regina
- Making universities Canada’s innovation accelerators, Andrew Petter, Simon Fraser University
Tagged: Global connections, Indigenous education, Research and innovation
About Universities Canada
Universities Canada is the voice of Canada’s universities at home and abroad, advancing higher education, research and innovation for the benefit of all Canadians.
Assistant Director, Communications
New agreement strengthens educational cooperation between Wales and Canada
There’s wider economic sense in helping young people get overseas experience
Inaugural Canada-in-Asia Conference Concludes on High Note in Singapore
Environmental scientist ‘Kristal Ocean’ leads youth activism against plastic pollution