Highlights from the Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants (CAREG) pilot program (2010–2012).
The eight projects highlighted include:
- Fighting loss of water and sedimentation in Algeria
- Developing new biocontrols to fight brown rot in cocoa plants in Cameroon
- Exploring at producing affordable biodiesals in Ghana
- Enhancing maternal child health in Kenya
- Protecting biodiversity against climate change in Madagascar
- Sharing knowledge of climate change among farmers in Ghana
- Pursuing jatropha oil as a sustainable biofuel in Mali
- Transforming lignocellulose materials into biodegradable packaging in Morocco
The aim of the program is to strengthen international partnerships and bring together emerging networks among academic researchers from Canada and Africa.