Highlights from the Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants (CAREG) pilot program (2010–2012).
The eight projects highlighted include:
- Fighting loss of water and sedimentation in Algeria
- Developing new biocontrols to fight brown rot in cocoa plants in Cameroon
- Exploring at producing affordable biodiesals in Ghana
- Enhancing maternal child health in Kenya
- Protecting biodiversity against climate change in Madagascar
- Sharing knowledge of climate change among farmers in Ghana
- Pursuing jatropha oil as a sustainable biofuel in Mali
- Transforming lignocellulose materials into biodegradable packaging in Morocco
The aim of the program is to strengthen international partnerships and bring together emerging networks among academic researchers from Canada and Africa.
With the support of
Pre-budget 2022 submission: Investing in people and ideas to accelerate Canada’s social and economic Recovery
Pre-budget 2021 submission: Investing in universities for a sustainable COVID-19 recovery
Directory of Canadian Universities - 2020 edition
Pre-budget 2020 submission: Investing in people, research and innovation