Toward Stronger Innovation Systems
Distinguished higher education leaders from Canada, Germany and Israel came together at the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada’s Optimizing Canada’s innovation system: Perspectives from abroad policy dialogue in October 2014 to explore national policies in science, technology and innovation. There was consensus among participants that the core elements of a successful innovation system include:
- Strong support for basic research;
- The involvement of students as researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs;
- Support for creativity and risk-taking in research;
- Multidisciplinary collaboration; and
- Strong university-industry ties.
Learn more on the issues discussed by the speakers during the policy dialogue event.
Tagged: Research and innovation