Universities Canada: your resource
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad.
We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are your go-to resource on higher education, research and innovation.
- Connect you with university leaders.
- Find you experts on issues that matter to your constituents.
- Arrange visits to university campuses.
- Brief you on university collaborations with businesses and organizations that strengthen your community.
- Help you explore how federal support for universities fuels Canadian innovation and prosperity.
Learn more about universities’ pre-budget priorities
As a $40 billion enterprise in direct expenditures, universities are significant drivers of economic prosperity. They provide employment for close to 410,000 people.
1.4Mstudents at Canadian universities in 2022
There were about 1,116,000 full-time and 299,000 part-time students in 2022.
Between March 2012 and March 2022, 2,169,700 new jobs were created for university graduates, three as many as those created for graduates of all other types of postsecondary education combined.
For more information
Manager, government relations
Tel: 613 563-1236, ext. 220