The Global Excellence Initiative Canvassing Committee is committed to raising the profiles of top Canadian researchers on a global scale.
The Committee seeks to identify meritorious Canadian candidates for major international research awards and recommend to the leader of the candidate’s institution that the candidate be nominated for a specific award. The Committee is dedicated to supporting the candidate and their institution throughout the application process.
Howard Alper, distinguished university professor, University of Ottawa
- Julia Baum, associate professor, University of Victoria
- Catherine Beaudry, professor, Canada Research Chair in Creation, Development and Commercialization of Innovation, Polytechnique Montreal
- John Dirks, president and scientific director emeritus, The Gairdner Foundation
- Colin Dodds, former president, Saint Mary’s University
- Dennis Hall, professor and Canada Research Chair in Boron Chemistry for Catalysis and Drug Discovery, University of Alberta
- Robert Prichard, chair, Torys LLP
- Rémi Quirion, chief scientist of Québec
- Molly Shoichet, professor and Canada Research Chair in Tissue Engineering, University of Toronto
- Juan Luis Suarez, professor, Western University
- Louis Taillefer, professor and Canada Research Chair in Quantum Materials, Université de Sherbrooke
Tel: 613-563-1236, ext. 279