Veterans Bursary Program
The Veterans Bursary Program has been established to disburse monies from the Bursary Fund as per the Federal Court of Canada issued Court File Number T-463-07. The Court Order names Universities Canada as the administrator of the bursary program.
Universities Canada is pleased to announce that the Veterans Bursary Program will accept applications from September 6th 2022 to June 30, 2023 for the 2022-2023 academic year. It is important for the applicant and Class Member to review the Bursary Program Guidelines prior to submitting the application form to determine eligibility to the program.
A Class Member can designate themselves to apply for a bursary or can designate an eligible individual (spouse, child, grandchild, nephew or niece, son-in-law or daughter-in-law) to apply.
For more information, please download the program guidelines.
- The value of the Bursary has increased from $1,300 to $2,500.
- All institutions on the The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials are now eligible (visit CICIC.ca for a full list). In the past, only recognized and authorized institutions were eligible.
- Sons-in-law and daughters-in-law are now eligible to apply for the bursary.
- Pre-University CEGEP programs are now eligible.
- Class Members or their designate can now apply for studies dating back five (5) years, that is as far back as the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Previous awardees are eligible for the difference of the previous and new award value. A separate communication has been sent to these awardees.