University of Waterloo | Advanced Manufacturing
Multi-Scale Additive Manufacturing Lab: One of the largest research and development additive manufacturing facilities in the world.
Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Engineering-focused and optimization of management of supply chain, logistics and operations
Centre for Intelligent Antenna and Radio Systems: A world-class radio science & technology research facility, which focuses on low-cost modular/scalable technologies for intelligent antenna/radio systems for emerging millimetre-wave mobile communications and sensing.
Advanced Monitoring for Laser Power-bed additive manufacturing: In partnership with EOS GmbH Electrical Optical Systems, and funded by FedDev, Ehsan Toyserkani led this project to help with many manufactures
Smart Graphene Based Composites for High-Energy and Self-Healing Lithium Ion Batteries: Professor Zhongwei Chen, Canada Research Chair in Advanced Materials for Clean Energy with support from Canadian Solar , General Motors Canada and Grafoid inc, sponsored by an NSERC strategic grant.
Machine Optimization for Combustion Chamber manufacturing: Kaan Erkorkmaz optimized the processing time to manufacture combustion chambers for Pratt and Whitney Canada.
- Ehsan Toyserkani, Professor Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, University Research Chair in Additive Manufacturing.
- Samir Elhedhli, Professor and Departmental Chair in Management Science Research Chair. Optimization of supply-chain, logistics, inventory, routing and scheduling.
- Kirsten Morris, Professor of Mathematics in Applied Math, research interests in control and estimation of systems modelled by partial differential equations such as smart materials
- Kaan Erkorkmaz, Professor of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, Research in precision Controls of machinery
- Linda Nazar, University Professor of Chemistry & Canada Research Chair Solid State Energy Materials, research in electrochemical energy storage devices and materials
Special programs and work integrated learning initiatives
- Member of the Advanced Manufacturing Consortium and the Next Generation Manufacturing Canada Supercluster.
- Global Entrepreneurship and Disruptive Innovation (GEDI)
- Corporate Research Partnership Managers
- Co-operative Education and Career Action Centre
- Waterloo Commercialization Office
- University of Waterloo- Velocity
- Pratt & Whitney Canada