University of Manitoba | Systèmes de mobilité
Transport Institute is a world-renowned research institute in transportation and logistics. The Institute actively undertakes outstanding collaborative scholarly research, facilitating the transfer of knowledge to professional communities, and trains graduate students to become competent scholars in transportation, logistics, and supply chain.
Advanced Satellite Integration Facility, was created in partnership with Magellan Aerospace fostering meaningful relationships between academia and industry. The facility supports research, development, construction and testing of satellite systems and components.
Transport Nodal System focuses on the development of transport nodes and nodal systems, focusing on economic, operational, management, planning, policy, regulation, and sustainability perspectives.
Implications of Climate Change for Shipping: Opening up the Arctic Seas research focuses on taking a balanced perspective on the potential of Arctic shipping as an economically feasible alternative for the short- and long-term future.
Ecological Embeddedness and Indigenous Community: The Case of Arctic Shipping research focuses on Indigenous people’s ecological mindset, defined as a multi-dimensional concept, by proposing three dimensions: personal identification with the land, adherence to ecological beliefs, and ecologically knowledgeable. Examine the relationships between this ecological mindset with Indigenous community members’ attitudes towards the Arctic shipping route development.
- Adolf K.Y. Ng, Associate Professor, Director of the Transport Institute at the Asper School of Business. Research focuses on port management, transportation geography, climate change adaptation planning, transportation infrastructure planning and management, institutional and organizational change, global supply chains, and maritime education.
- Ahmed Shalaby, Professor, Civil Engineering, Municipal Infrastructure Chair. Research focuses on aiming to improve the performance of road materials and pavement structures and to improve the maintenance and construction practices in Canada and around the world.
- Philip Ferguson, Professor, Mechanical Engineering. Research focuses on applied dynamics, navigation and control for satellite systems, innovative sensing and actuation systems for space, testbeds for space environment simulation and technology validation.
Programmes spéciaux et apprentissage intégré au travail
−Nonlinear Systems Research Laboratory & Laboratory for the Design of Mechanisms the laboratory conducts fundamental and applied research in the fields of nonlinear dynamics and mechanism design; to train both undergraduate and graduate students in the fields nonlinear dynamics and mechanism design, and to conduct industrial research projects.
- Magellan Aerospace
- Vector Construction
- Borland Construction
- Maple Leaf Construction
- City of Winnipeg Planning Dept
- Cement Association of Canada